Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Equipping Weekend 2006

WHAT a weekend! By the way, before I ramble on and forget- BLESSED Chinese New Year!!! (please feel free to send us food and money...hahaha, just kidding)

As I was saying- WHAT a weekend! As many of you know, weekends are not very long but it never ceases to amaze me the amount of things that can happen and will happen in the shortest amount of time. I guess when God is at work, there is no knowing just what can happen and that makes it EXCITING! I think it was a wonderful encouragement, especially for my dad, to see the spiritual growth of some of the students there. Some of them, I think, when we saw them last were just (and I don't mean this in any rude way at all) conference goers but then now they are training to be not only just leaders of various Christian groups or fellowships but leaders in a sense to mentor others and to help other Christians grow as they have. I believe the term they used was Spriritual Generation... it used to be multiplication but you get the idea.

I always find that I learn so much from the people who actually attend these camp things and I know it was also very very encouraging for both my parents to see people grow in Christ by some influence on their part and I do hope that I will be able to make the same kind of impact in peoples lives.

I actually started writing this blog a few days ago and only just came back to it now so I can't exactly remember what I've been saying but I am still rejoicing in that weekend that waas so special. The next event coming up now seems to be Valentines. This always seems to be a good time to reach out to the 'Singles' out there, which is wierd but hey.... grab whatever opportunity you can right?

Anyway, I just thought I'd upload a picture from the Equipping Weekend so you can see roughly allthe goodlooking people who attended the weekend thing. If you have a moment or two, please do pray for them as they continue to serve the Lord in various places in various ways.

Of course, there are more pictures on the pictures page. There is a link to the right, which I hope you have already discovered. I try and put up more recent pictures so that you can remember what we look like or just simply how crazy we are. Like my dad says, "It's not good to be crazy but it helps."

Well, thank you all so much again and again for all your prayers for my on going exams, which will be finished in June(ish). The ones in January generally went okay except for one horrible further maths paper but I am praying that I will be able to make up for it when I retake it in May.

Would LOVE to hear form some of you sometime... and again, if you are ever near where we are, give us a call or something. We LOVE having company- really and we all promise not to bite. =0)