Monday, February 27, 2006

Recruitment and Letting Go

Since sitting here and contemplating what to write, a friend and classmate has told me of her interest to spend her gap year on board one of the ships!!! Can you imagine my excitement??? You all know my passion for the ships ministry- mostly because I spent so much of my life on board but also because of the many many good friends I've made there and the fact that so many are exposed to the overwhelming Love of Christ when they step on board that God-given ship.

(By the way, just in case you haven't caught up yet, that was the recruitment side of this blog thingy... just in case you're wondering, I just came out of Business class as well hence the terms from Human Resources- Recruitment and Termination only I changed that to letting go because it suited my blog thingy a little better... *grin*)

I was just thinking now of what the ship would be without Gods hand on it and without the crazy for Christ people who live on board. It would literally be just a scrap of metal. I usually get all sentimental about the ship- refusing to let go of it in the sense that I really do not want them to scrap it in the coming future. Well, it was my home for a long time but when I come to think of it... it was ot the place. It was not the petite corridors or the cozy cabins or because of the exotic foods or even the fact that it was a ship but because of the experiences, the people and the presence of God that dwelled in our midst when we worhsipped Him there!

I find it strange that I have not thought about this sooner! Of course, I will miss the ship and it's quaint and exciting quality but I will not stop functioning because it isn't there. There are other ships. Perhaps I will go to the Logos Hope when that time comes or maybe the Lord will lead me in a total different direction.

I wonder what else I am refusing to let go of when the Lord is giving me something better to grab hold of. What new and exciting experiences has the Lord got in stall for me? When you think about it, doesn't your heart just flutter and faint with excitement? It's true that cliche 'Why look at the good ol'days when there are much better days ahead'. It can only get better with Christ; even in the midst of wars, sickness and sorrows, we always have something to be thankful for and to live for. So "let EVERYTHING that has breath, Praise the Lord!"