Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dear Friends

I know that I said I was going to try my best at updating this blog thingy every Sunday possible and I'm sorry to say that it has been harder to do that in recent weeks than I thought.
 
One of the best things that has been happening, just to try and get you up to speed, is the visit of one of my closest and dearest friend (Michelle Hey- for those of you who know her). Her time here has been short as she is leaving this Friday and we didn't get as much time together as I had hoped but the time spent was definitely a TREMENDOUS blessing to me. I have truly missed our talks and will continue to miss them when she is gone. I hadn't realised for a long time but I have not had someone close enough to talk to about the things we talked about and even those friends here who are reasonably "close" mostly do not understand what I'm talking about (especially in concerns to life onboard the ship, Doulos) or are simply not in my 'peer group' as it were. I guess her visit just really made me realise how precious our friendship is. Michelle- if you're reading this, you better make sure you come back and visit again soon or at least keep your phone line open. =0)
 
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't have any proper friends here or anything; on the contrary, I'm overly blessed to say I've got some very wonderful friends who I also cherish but just in a different way I guess.
 
Well, exams have now arrived. Thankfully, I only have one major exam this January (Calculus) as well as 3 smaller tests so I shouldn't really be panicking as much as I am. The only reason I am so worried is that if I don't pass this Calculus exam, I won't be able to go onto next year or something along those lines and Calculus just happens to be one of those things that I have found a little tricky lately. So, thanks in advance for all your prayers. (I really am so blessed to have so many faithful prayer warriors as friends!)
 
Oh yes! Before I end this blog, I have been thinking about my next holiday. I know, I know, "isn't it too early to be thinking about that??". Well, actually, considering if I wanted to go and volunteer on one of the ships during my 4 week Easter holiday, I would need to arrange that now because of accomodations and possibly flights. I don't actually know exactly what I want to do yet so please pray for wisdom in that too. I also didn't want to spend all the four weeks re-living the ship days since once I come back, I would have only a little bit of time to study and revise for the final exams of the year. If I do go to Logos 2 or even possibly Logos Hope, I was also considering taking a little "team" with me if anybody wanted to come and also contribute to the ship's ministry and be more exposed to the many opportunities that the ships offer. (besides, I would hate to go all by myself unless truly nobody else wantes to or could come). It's a bit too early now to say very much on this subject anyway so I will keep you all posted as to what developes.
 
Thank you once again, my dearest friends.
Debbie Gan
 
PS- For those of you from the seaweed group (as I just realised this gets posted here as well), I am not really sure if I'll turn up this coming Friday due to previous engagements but if the timing works out, I will try my best to be there. Hope you all had a WONDERFUL New Years!