Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Well, I guess it's about time I wrote another little update and what better time than to wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year.

Yesterday, my OCF group met up in someone's house for some homemade steamboat, which providing there was 17 of us in a small-ish room, was very interesting. By interesting, though, I mean fun. It was a shame that I had to leave earlier than I wanted to because I didn't want to have to go all the way back to my house any later than I had to.

By the time you guys read this, my parents will probably be back from Singapore and the Philippines. I heard from them over the phone some time ago that they had a really fantastic time there. They've been especially nice about it by not telling me all the good food that they've eaten although I guess I'll get all the details from them when they get back...perhaps with some goodies for me. *grin*

Most of you, when I do see you, tend to ask me how I'm finding my maths course. I'm not sure if it's because you don't know what else to ask me or that you are still bewildered that I or anyone would take such a course and really want to know what I'm thinking about it. Well, my first year was obivously wonderful as I got quite encouraging marks. However, I am finding this second year a little hard though now the second semester is making more sense. I'm actually wondering if I will make it to a fourth year or perhaps I will just bump down to a 3 year course. It's something to keep in prayer.

Today I went to All Souls (For those of you who don't know, it's a Church in central London) by myself. It's not very often that I've done that so it was quite a good experience I guess. The wonderful thing about it is that you realise you can be surrounded by strangers and feel like a total "alien" and at the same time you know that you are amongst family and that you can all worship Christ together! The message today actually reminded me of a devotional we had in our team quite some time ago talking about the temple and looking at parallels with us and Christ,etc.

oops, the phone is ringing...maybe I'll write another update for Valentines day...not that I need a special occasion to blog or anything. =0)