Isn't amazing how it seems that Christmas starts earlier every year? For me, Christmas has started early though the holiday part of it feels miles away. Yes, that's right, our family Christmas prayer letter is out (or at least the web version anyway). Without giving too much away, I'm hoping that people who get a copy in the mail will enjoy the slight difference in "design". If I'm going to work on desktop publishing, I might as well have fun with it, right?
Anyway, thanks for standing with us in prayer. Those of you who know about the ongoing medical problems my parents are currently facing, I thank you especially for your care and concern. Also for those who have specifically told me, since finding out that I'm teaching a bunch of teenagers mathematics, that they've put me on their prayer hit-list, I also want to thank you explicitly. It is definitely the most challenging year I've faced so far and I'll admit that on some days it has been a lot harder to stay positive. Through your prayers, however, I have been so incredibly blessed and I want to continue to look to The Cross to overcome each moment of the day.
Mini book-push moment: Have been slowly reading (for the reason that I've got a ton of other math and teaching books to read) 'Embraced by the Cross' by L.E. Maxwell. Excellent book and always such a great reminder of what it means to be crucified with Christ, being dead to self but alive in Him! Praise the Lord indeed for this miracle of life! And, if I haven't already, my last book is still in my memory as a constant reminder and challenge at what it means to see Jesus. ('We Would See Jesus' by Roy & Revel Hession). It is amazing to think that I read these two books at such a time as this and I give God all the glory for His provision through them.
I would wish you a blessed Christmas now as I upload our Christmas prayer letters but I do think I will be updating my blog a couple more times before that becomes absolutely necessary so instead, I wish you a God-inspiring beginning to November. :)