Saturday, February 06, 2010

Milk Thistles

It's amazing to think that it felt like it was getting warmer last week. I had stepped out for lunch yesterday to find myself being covered by snow. Today, my computer is telling me that it's zero degrees celcius outside which is not too bad considering various sources have said it could drop to a minus six. Of course, I'm assuming you didn't come to this blog to hear about my thoughts on the weather.

I think we're past the half-way mark of the radiotherapy now. It continues to be a battle with my dad still getting some bad headaches preventing him from sleep and the lack of sleep cultivates it further. One of the more recent concerns that the doctors have is that my dad might have hepatitis C which may also cause liver cirrhosis. Please pray with us that this will not be the case. Treatment for hepatitis C would take a further 6 months which we obviously want to avoid since we're all looking forward to the treatments hopefully ending earlier. At the moment, the radiotherapy is 6 days a week.

All in all, we are truly grateful to the Lord for countless blessings. The doctors have apparently been brilliant and encouraging so things have gone reasonably smoothly. I've probably mentioned it before but loads of people have also made encouraging visits. Praise the Lord for such friends.

Just some particular prayer requests:
  • Please pray that my dad will be able to put on weight. The radiotherapy takes a lot out of him and he has lost a LOT of weight. He lost another kilo this week.
  • Please pray for my grandparents and other family members. My grandfather (dad's side) had surgery a few weeks ago and is also very frail and continues to go for dialysis 4 times a week. My grandmother is due to have eye surgery next week as she has cataracts. A few weeks ago, we also discovered that one of my aunts has another form of cancer. We continue to not only pray for the physical health of all our family members but more importantly, for their salvation.
  • I would also appreciate prayer as I press on in my teacher training. I'm in between placements at the moment and am due to submit in my first 8,000 essay while also starting on the next one.
  • I am also wait-listed to fly back to Singapore on the last day of school before Easter. I'm sure that I'll get a flight somehow to be back with my parents but it would be really great to get these flights as they are direct and uses my mum's mileage.
Lastly but not least, before I forget, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR and VALENTINE's DAY to you all! As we celebrate a new year, may there also be a renewed love for Christ, for His goodness and all that He is.

Resting in His Sovereignty,
Debbie

Romans 8:18-31