Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Battle Continues

Dearest Faithfully Praying Friends,

If it has been a long time since I last wrote, it is because I have not been sure what to say. As it happens, there is too much to share and it is difficult to know just how much to share.

Firstly, I suppose you will want an update for my dad. As my last blog mentioned, we are entirely grateful to the Lord for His merciful answer to prayer in terms of clearing my dad from cancer and even from his liver cirrhosis and diabetes. Since I last wrote, my dad had been getting back into the swing of his preaching ministry. We were in Perth only little more than a week ago where my dad spoke in two different churches where we were also encouraged by the response. More than the increase in meetings, we were also very excited to have time with different individuals in smaller gatherings. In the midst of many younger believers asking all sorts of questions, obviously hungry for the Lord, we praise God for the wisdom and strength He has given and continues to give. Currently in Cebu however, my dad has been hit with a fever and a terrible rash that has spread from his neck onto his face. He was knocked out the day before we flew and I know my mum was quite worried that we would have to cancel the trip. Praise the Lord, that we made it over with him looking better early Friday morning and able to preach when we arrived on Friday evening but since then (it's Saturday afternoon right now) the fever and rash have made things really difficult. We are still thankful to the Lord, however, that no meetings were arranged for today and many of been such an incredible blessing by bringing us food and allowing my dad to rest. Please pray with us for him as he does have quite a lot of meetings and such lined up for the next couple days. We will be here in Cebu until the 20th. If you ever look at our itinerary, you will also see that our schedule is building up again as my dad is due to speak in Singapore when we get there and then he's got a few meetings lined up also in KL, Malaysia. My mum continues to be an amazing support as I watch her patiently attend to my dad during these times.

For those of you who have expressed curiosity or concern for what I'm going to be doing next with my life, I have some news which I would greatly appreciate prayer for. I was in Sydney not too long ago and discovered that there was an opportunity to join the OM team there. I won't go greatly into details just now but after investigating a little bit more about "the job", I got increasingly excited about the possibility. I will explain these another time. There are, however, a few things to consider. Firstly and fore-mostly, is this God's will for me. I don't want to go where God has not led me. At the moment, I'm still finding out more about what I need to do in order to join as well as praying whether this is the right move or not. In any case, it would not be that simple to just pack up and go. Officially joining OM would mean that I would need to raise my own support and unfortunately, Sydney has one of the highest cost of living in the world. Another major concern that has been brought up several times is that I might want to consider getting more secular experience first. With this concern in view, I had hoped that I would be able to do some casual teaching in the local schools at the same time, which is a possibility if I get a visa that would allow me to. Of course, there are other things to take into consideration but at the same time, I want to continue to seek the Lord and trust that if this is the path that He has placed before me then He will also provide a way for me to walk down it. So, please pray for me as I look about to raise support in terms of friendship, finance and prayer. Above all, please pray for wisdom. If you would like to know more specifically about anything I have mentioned above, please do not hesitate to email me.

Thank you for standing with me in prayer and on behalf of my parents, thank you for your prayers for health and ministry as well! We will continue to do our best to keep you posted on what's happening.