It's incredible to think that it's been almost a month since my last blog and I do apologise for keeping you in the dark for that long. Thank you, however, for continuing to stand with me in prayer and support.
As I managed to discuss the possibility of my officially joining OM with the missions committee and various others in my home church, I was greatly encouraged by the enthusiastic support they offered. Unfortunately, we found out that I am not officially a member of the church since I only underwent infant baptism but was never confirmed. This was one of the reasons that I stayed behind while my parents return to the UK, that I could attend the membership classes (starting this coming Wednesday and be confirmed as a full-fledged member on 12 December 2010. In any case, I am truly grateful to my pastor and the missions chairman for looking into this in more depth and offering to support my application to OM Australia through OM Singapore despite this technical issue. For now, they have offered me the opportunity for me to work with the Church as a temporary project worker until January, which is when I return to the UK in the hopes of travelling to Germany from there for the OM new recruits' conference. I really see this as a great opportunity to get to know the Church a little bit more and likewise for them to also get to know me as I have been away the majority of the time. Please pray that this non-membership situation will not become too much of a hindrance to my OM application, that this will be a great time of learning about church ministry, that God will use me to be a blessing to my church and that I will continue to learn patience in waiting on the Lord for each step.
In the meantime, I have filled in and submitted my application forms to OM Singapore. So far, I haven't heard much since we are waiting to discuss some details with OM Australia. I'm afraid I don't know enough to be able to tell you much about this aspect right now but please continue to pray for OM Australia and for the team there. Please pray for personnel and for the leadership, for the provision of a new office space in Sydney, for continued unity of the team spread throughout Australia and for my own application and all that is involved with that (e.g. visa, flights, training, application forms, future possibilities, etc). Please also pray for OM Singapore, for the current team but that God would also raise more laborers for His kingdom.
I was greatly encouraged and challenged yesterday with the reminder of the song, 'Through it All'
You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You
And I wait on You
I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all
Hallelujah...
So I'll learn to continue to fix my eyes on Him, to wait upon Him and to be forever grateful for His amazing grace and faithfulness through it all.