Well, believe it or not, it's four days into March and I'm now in Melbourne! Thank you so much for praying for me over the last few weeks as I tried to learn patience in waiting for my visa. Not only did I get my visa but I got it with time to spare and enjoy without worry some extra time with my parents in Singapore.
I arrived promptly into the Melbourne airport on Tuesday (2 March) and today is already my second day in the office! It has been great meeting some of the team here and to explore some of my new surroundings. Though my accommodation is still not settled, God has blessed me richly with a wonderful host and as I was shown the bed in which I am currently sleeping in, I just felt incredibly blessed... this may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I didn't sleep on the flight over here.
Though I was all smiles and nods yesterday as I was taken around the office I think it only dawned on me near the end of the day that I'm actually here. Last night as I was reflecting on the day's events, I felt suddenly inadequate and incapable of keeping up with all the stuff that was happening. It was such a wonderful reminder from the Lord this morning that it is exactly in my weaknesses and inabilities that God's strengths and power shines through. I suppose it was a wonderfully freeing moment when I realised how foolish my fears were. Of course, much of the coming days, weeks, months and so forth are still reasonably uncertain but I think God has blessed me with some amazing team members and I'm definitely looking forward to discovering more of who He is in and through my life in that time.
Please continue to pray that I will settle in this new environment and role and that God would use me to be a blessing to the team and beyond. Praise the Lord God Almighty who has done great things, who has great plans for us, never leads us astray and never fails!
Grateful from all the way from the bottom of my heart and down under,
Debbie