Over the weekend, I was with both my parents at a camp/retreat type thing. The majority of the people there were university students and the "theme" of the weekend was 'Disciple- Making'.
Many of you know that my family goes to a lot of camps and so on but because every person is different and every camp is different, I just want to to tell how my weekend went.
On the way there (about a 2 hour drive), I admit, that even though I was looking forward to the camp, I didn't expect God to work the way He did neither did I expect that I would learn anything. We constantly have people come up to us and thank us for being a testimony to them as a family, a Christian, missionary family but I just feel now, that it is I that need to thank some of them because there is more that they can teach me than I them.
It was so inspiring to see all these students (obviously older than me but still young) being so sold out for Christ and on top of them taking on the role of leadership. Wow... I mean, I've been to heaps of camps, I've seen heaps of leaders, know heaps of leaders...kind've been one myself, but for some reason, this stod out to me only now. It really made me think- I want to be like that. You know?
A lot of things went through my mind last night, too many to say but I dare say that God was at work and even though I was up more than half the night, I still woke up and I feel... renewed.
What else is there to say? God is good, no, make that AWESOME...and not sometimes, not only when I'm down but ALL the time!!!