Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back from the Sister Ship

Yea, I had to put out some pictures so they are below and I must tell you that it was hard picking from the pictures I had because there were so many other nices ones that I wanted to put out but then there would be no other space so I hope you'll forgive me for that.

Well, yes, I'm back from the sister ship the Logos 2 and WOW...that was such an awesome trip! There were a few ups and downs but overall, God was doing something amazing and there was NO way I was going to miss out on it.

Unfortunately, time was very limited so I feel that we could have done more but we managed to get to know quite a lot of people and do some stuff... very memorable. For example, on the very first day, we all got sunburnt and turned reasonably bright red... this is how I managed to learn the phrase "Estamos quemada" which means "We are burnt"! It's the silly llittle things and also a few big embarassing moments that really made this trip special.

There's actually a lot that went on but there were a few people that really stood out to me and was really touched or blessed by: The line-up guys (Chris and Andres), our hosts (Melqui and his family, Tino and his family, Louise and his family), our Logos host (Andrea) and other people along the way like Tammy, Mike, Philip and his wife and also people who shared in general about their own testimonies. It almost seems impossible to name everyone but I really wish I could.

I really want to share a few stories and even though there are so many to choose from and it seems almost impossible for me to just share one, I still would like to share just one. The last day before the ship arrived, Val, one of the girls in our 3 girl team, was down (as in there was something wrong with her leg and she was unable to walk). To be perfectly honest, when this happened, I was quite upset and I felt a bit discouraged because I thought that we were going to have a chance to do something that day so it turned out that Heather (the other girl in our team, and I went outside the house and started to have our devotions.

At that moment, I was reminded of the camp, NEEC, that I attended just before this trip and how we were talking about Romans 8:28 that "Everything works for good" so I praised God silently somehow knowing that by the end of the day, our team would be sitting together and praising God for ALL the wonderful things he did that day. Of course, I still somehow managed to harbour some doubts...

Wait for it... a lot of things happened that day... of course mostly good. We managed to talk to different people and, at least Heather and I, were able to go to more places and so on and Val managed to spend more time with our hosts. Anyway, at the end of the day, we all ended up in my room talking about how God had really done some amazing things that day and how we were SO blessed. On the side, we talked till about 3am in the morning and Heather and Val ended up sleeping in my room instead of going back to their hosts house and waking them up. Isn't our God an AWESOME God??? If our God is for us, WHO can be against uS??? I mean...WHO???

Actually, just one more thing. When I got back...I felt even MORE abundantly blessed because I recieved more e-mails than usual and I was EXTREMELY excited to be able to share some of my experiences with God so quickly and easily... I rejoice... "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and again I say..REJOICE!!!" So, thank you all of you SO much for your e-mails and little ntoes of encouragements and updates, they really made a difference to my day today so again and again, THANKS!!! Zephaniah 3:17

Blessings to ALL of you out there who has been faithfully writing and praying for my family and I and our ministry.

Always in Him who has given us EVERY spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3),
Debbie Gan (Who else? It say on the top- Debbie's blog!...heehee)