Sunday, May 29, 2005

AWESOME WEEKEND!!!

Many of you already knew that I was going up to revisit the Logos 2 for the celebration weekend...I'm pretty sure that I was so excited before hand that I wrote it several times in many e-mails and blog messages.

Anyway, I am now back from that weekend and already missing it. It was such a blessing to be able to meet up with SO many old friends and people whom I've lost total contact with. I think half of my exdoulos teachers were there!!! For those of you who are OMers, you would understand when I say that it was also so great to be able to meet up with loads of Mosbach people.

I was actually quite shocked, humbled and surprised to hear so many people tell me that they heard I went on a short terms mission program thing on the Logos 2 in Las Palmas only in April. I mean, I expected some people to know but I was touched by the number of people and also some very big-named people who not only knew about my trip but have been praying for me and for our team. (I suspect that they may have also been praying for the line-up team and the ship's company that they would be able to cope with us crazy girls)
That was really something special to me.

The first day of the weekend celebration I was walking around the ship all day looking for people and talking to people that I had a terrible migrain and painful feet the next day but PRAISE the Lord for the encouraging messages and the songs sung by the worship team that just helped throughout the day and I still managed to find so many more people that, now, I wish I could have spent more time with.

As usual, it was only on the last day that it occured to me to bring out the camera and act like some lunatic tourist and I missed so many opportunities to take pictures but thankfully there were a few that I managed to steal.

Now that I'm back, and I've only been back for an hour or so, I can only continue to echo the theme of the weekend of Praising God for his incredible mercy, love and of course, faithfulness. It is now official that the song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" has been stuck in my head for 4 weeks. It was so funny because I had it stuck in my head since going to a church that sang it and even throughout the celebration it was one of the songs that was sung and resung so I'm beginning to think that this song is my song for the year.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my father!- Who can compare? Who else is there? What else can I say? Rejoice in the lord ALWAYS and again I say Rejoice (one of the last words of the conference).

Well, thank you again so much for keeping in constant touch with me and especially for all your prayers that have made such an impact on my life. If it weren't for your prayers...I could not sit here and feel the excitement and joy that I feel now. Thank you again and again from the bottom of my heart.

Always.

PS- stay tuned for the photos...I need to develope them first as I had to use the old non-digital camera. =0)