Monday, August 01, 2005

Soon or not?

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month...no returns!

That's right! Can you believe it's August already? Well, I can't although I am glad that it's finally here. This means that I only have to wait 2 more weeks before we're off on our travels once again.

Actually, I'm not sure what else to say. I still haven't made any final decisions on exactly which universities i would like to go to but I will try and give you a better idea when I have actually sent off my applications.

This past weekend was quite "peaceful". I guess that's one of my nice ways to say that not much happened. Well, Saturday was quite fun. There was a "George Verwer" event thingy, which was actually a farewell to some of our OM buddies who are moving to the States. Nothing terribly exciting but I did get to help pour tea for people and carry hot water around. It's so fascinating to see all of these "older" people who were either with or have known about OM since the earlier 1900's. Their faithfulness, loyalty and not to mention some of that memory just leaves me astounded. I hope that when I reach that age... which won't be for some time, I will be just as alert, just as committed and just as faithful as the majority of the people there were. What a challenge and encouragement.

Ok, I should get back to work now, that is why I am at an office.

Hope to hear from some of you sometime although I know that right now most of my friends of the same age will now be in TeenStreet.

Blessings as always.