Monday, August 08, 2005

Devotions

Someone mentioned some time ago that it's funny how OM people always say "let's have devotion" when most people would refer to it as quiet time.

Anyway, we had a team devotions this morning. I have to admit that I can never sit still during meetings. I always have to fidget or do something with my hands. I know it appears rude but it's the only thing that keeps my brain working and my ears listening.Most of the time, I know that I would just annoy other people so I leave the room and do something else, although now I realise that could be worse... does anyone else have the same problem or is it only me?

Well, this morning was one of those few times where I actually sat throughout the "meeting" without moving about too much. It was a reminder, from Psalms 113 of God's greatness and His grace. The fact that it's so vast, so deep is just incomprehensible but of course, we never stop trying. I am often reminded, that "grace without discipline is disgrace"- I'm sure all those who know my dad well would have heard this sometime or other.

I love quotes. Not all, of course, do I remember, but I do love how they can be so clever and so true.

I think I've just gone off track but basically what I wanted to say is that it is so good to reminded not only of God's awesome signs, wonders and good works but also the wonder that is God Himself. To behold His beauty. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look FULL in His WONDERFUL face and the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and GRACE." Exciting when you think about it, isn't it?

Ok, well that's all for now. I'm still waiting to find myself in the airport boarding that plane that will transport me to the other side of the world where I'll be able to finally catch up with some "relatively old" friends. Thanks again for all your letters, emails, notes, etc...keep them coming!!!