Friday, September 30, 2005

UPDATE: Quickie or maybe not

Can you believe it's already the end of September? I thought I just got back from our holidays and that school was just beginning!

Well, I have not been writing as much lately and I feel really awful about that because I really do want to keep in touch with everyone. I have to admit that somedays when I don't get any emails or letters or whatever, I get a little disappointed and down but the other day, when I received only one email from someone who hadn't written in a long time and is a really close friend...it was MORE than enough to brighten my day and last until now. Of course, i would still LOVE to hear from more people. I find it harder to pray for people when I have no idea what they are up to and no idea what I can pray for them specifically.

Well, this week, the South-East London Fellowship, which used to be ICT London where my parents are involved in, had a team retreat. Being in school, it was hard for me to attend the whole event but I didn catch snippets of it in the evenings and then stayed overnight along with a few other people. It was really wonderful to be able to get to know people on the team a little better and just hang out. The first night, we just played games and the second night was prayer night, which turned out to be quite excellent. We prayed for various people within our team, outside our team and other issues that came up during the evening.

Prayer meetings always seem to be more exciting when not only are there so many people from diferrent countries, backgrounds and cultures but when you can get the latest updates about the situations in those places and pray specifically for each of them. Plus, as many of you know, George and Drena Verwer, is also part of the team and having them both there also made it a little more interesting (in a good sense of course). It's always fun having them around.

As usual, I'm in school at the moment and so I must leave this blogging site and move onto something more academically productive...heehee. Oh yes! By the way, someone just told me about this new site thingy that I downloaded last night , which allows me to have free calls to certain countries and then really cheap calls to other countries as long as I'm online and have a headset connected to my computer. So...if any of you are in the US, UK, Germany or whatever and you know that I have your number...expect a call from me sometime in the near future and of course it's now cheaper for me to call back to Singapore and Malaysia and stuff...YAY! Isn't the Lord good??? Praise Him!

Hope you all have a unexpectedly WONDERFUL day and in the words from Veggi Tales "God made you special and He loves you very much...bye bye!"