Monday, October 10, 2005

60 posts???

I was just looking at the blogspot dashboard (where it holds the main information about our family website) and realised that I have made 60 posts since the whole thing began! This will be the 61st! I wonder when it'll reach 100?

Anyway, it is Monday again. It's never really a good day to write posts because I'm usually more tired and well... in school mode, but school is where I usually end up on the computer and playing around during my free time to get my mind off all the work. Writing emails and blogs seems to do that very well. *grin*

Last night I managed to finish the book called 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown. Most of you might have heard about it on TV or something like that. Although it was full of...well...heretical statements as well as being totally fictional, it was very interesting to note some truths within the story. It was talking about the church being a cover up, which it is for so many cults, and how there are so many hidden "agendas" being carried out while millions of people, even Christians themselves remain ignorant of it. I think the word would be 'naive'. I remember seeing a book called 'knowing the enemy' or something along those lines. As Christian soldiers and warriors ignorance of the enemy's work could be dangerous, yes? It makes me wonder how much I still do not know and how I am losing out. How can I build stronger and deeper roots in the truth, the word, in Christ?- Just a thought.

In school at the moment, we have this thing where the teachers have to always read out the "thought for the day" and we are supposed to spend a couple minutes reflecting on the words. It reminded me of how my dad menioned in his messages that some people READ the Bible but how many MEDITATE on it. We can read the Bible so many times and not be moved or convicted by it's words but when we actually take the time to meditate on those living words and ponder on their meaning is when the Holy Spirit can stir within our hearts and reveal deep truths. (Joshua 1:8; Psalms 1:2; 63:6; 119:23, 48,78, 148; 143:5)