Friday, October 14, 2005

Free and Blessed

I had a day off yesterday. Yes, it was a Thursday and No, I was not skipping school. My school was having an open day for parents of potential students. I had a marvellous day off doing...well, anything but school work.

I am not exactly sure why but recently, I have noticed that there have been quite a few people who well, come to me for "words of wisdom"...call it advise if you will but from my side, I just want to be some kind of blessing. My dad has a saying, "If we're not a blessing, then we must be a curse or we're not doing anything (useless)."- Sounds a little scary doesn't it but I guess it's pretty much true so that is one reason to be a constant blessing rather than anything else.

What I don't always understand is that some people (not naming anybody) come to be for relationship advice. As many of you MUST know...I've never been in that kind of relationship and it is not exactly easy to give advice from experience. What I HAVE learnt, however, is that it really doesn't matter. My point is, it doesn't matter whether or not we have gone through the same things as other people, whether it is losing a really close friend, troubles at home, whatever because, and here is the good part, we don't NEED to have the answers. God has them all! He knows all, He sees all and he UNDERSTANDS.

I guess, there has been a lot on my heart lately as I hear about so many "problems" of other people. Instead of taking those problems from people and giving it straight to the Ultimate Problem Solver (God...duh), I take it and keep it...pray about it and then...well, just worry. It's not healthy for anybody to do that, I'm sure. When we hold things like that and cannot really share with other people to spread the load, we burden ourselves. God doesn't want us to do that. We have ALL heard of that verse or song "Cast your burdens unto Jesus for he cares for you". It's silly really, how we hang on to things we know we shouldn't and we don't even want. It's good to be free.

I just wanted to share that little bit o knowledge that I have known for awhile (kinda hard NOT to hear when your dad preaches about it) but have not really experienced it myself. He certainly does turn my mourning into dancing and we can definitely claim scriptures to be our own. His word is living and alive and for me personally...and YOU personally- don't miss out.

Thank you to all those wonderful people that I managed to talk to in the last 2-3 days on MSN or the phone or whatever. You all, and you know who you are, have really been such a TREMENDOUS and PHENOMENAL blessing to me. Thank you. I certainly praise the Lord everytime I think about you and I doubly appreciate all your prayers. I am truly blessed by you and I can only hope and pray that I can be an equal blessing to you. Love ya all.

Always in Him who remains forever faithful.