Monday, January 09, 2006

Faithfulness

It is always such a joy and also a affirmation for myself to sing praises about God and His faithfulness but it is more often that I forget to be faithful to him.

Yesterday, as many Sundays throughout my life, we were visiting some churches and although I am sure I've hard the same message preached before (this IS my dad we're talking about) I somehow feel like it was the first time I was hearing it. The subject was actually spiritual discipline and warfare but I picked up something related (of course) but slightly different- The sowers and the reapers. John 4:37-38

Obviously, you need both sower and reaper (v37). It's easier to be a reaper, you reap the benefits of another's labour (v38). You see the fruits and it brings joy to collect the harvest and seeing the work nearly being completed. What about the sower? Of course that is what we are called to do daily though isn't it? We are meant to sow seeds. What if we DON'T see the fruits? What if we DON'T see everything that the Lord IS doing in people's lives. I know I would be frustrated! Is that why some people quit? Of course it already says in verse 36 that BOTH the sower and the reaper will enjoy the harvest. "What JOY awaits..."

Then, in the words of my own earthly father, "It does not depend on our readiness (note that non of the Old Testement people were ready- Moses, Jeremiah, etc) but on our willingness. 'Lift up your eyes, and look at the fields. They are already white unto harvest'-v35 . We may not be ready but the PEOPLE are ready. We are also called to reap what so many others before us have already sown! The harvest is white and if we don't gather the crops in, they will rot and be wasted away. Maybe some of you have already heard my dad preach this message and I know I've heard it not once but a million times (a bit exaggerated) but isn't it true? If something is important wouldn't you want to repeat it a couple times till it really sinks in?

In the earlier verses of that chapter of course you have the woman at the well and it talks about true worshippers. I can't think really of a good way to say it so again, as my dad says it "We cannot truly say LORD! LORD! and then refuse to be a servant of the Lord because if we truly acknowledge God's sovereignty and Lordship then that SHOULD make us the humble slave" and as it says also in that Chapter- our food then is the 'DO the will of Him' who sent us.

In short, it was a very GOOD Sunday yesterday. So many things happened, many people were blessed (including us as a family). It was definitely a great booster to begin this new week with a renewed focus. Especially with exams coming up - my first one is on Thursday on Business- God must still come first. I am truly blessed to have parents who have been such a role model to me and I am eternally grateful to the Lord for them and for the many other friends (you) who also play such a part in helping me grow in Him. Thank you a WHOLE TON and I do hope and pray that you will have a great week. (By the way, I've been lacking in Emails lately and I would LOVE to hear from you but I think you know that. *grin*)