Well! Surprise surprise that this post is not about exams although I DO have my second to last exam in a couple of hours.
I just thought I would share my thoughts about the last two Sundays. The Sunday before yesterday we were in Isle of Wight, which by the way was BEAUTIFUL. Kind of last minute, my dad told me that I should share a little bit about Teen Street since he was showing the DVD about it so, as I normally would, I said, "no". Many of you might know that I'm more of a behind the scenes type of person. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW I can talk a lot when I want to but that's mostly to small informal groups I guess or on a one-to-one basis.
Anyway, I got up there, with my knees shaking and stammering and managed to get some words about Teens Street and Teens in Missions before sitting down again. It was actually a very interesting learning experience and I told myself that it went okay but I would never want to do that again- funny (haha) that yesterday, my dad wanted to show the DVD again and what would you guess happened next? That's right, "Debbie, why don't you share something like you did last time?" Well, by now I couldn't very well refuse because I could not think of a reasonable excuse so I reluctantly agreed and again babbled something that was hopefully a blessing, encouragement or challenge to at least some people in the congregation. The amazing thing is not only that I survived both times but everytime after I did my little bit, my dad would mention something about not being ready to go but just being willing to let the Lord lead and speak through you. It doesn't matter if we're qualified or not, because God is WAY MORE than qualified and if he wants to speak through me than that is more of a blessing to me. What a privilege it is to be a channel of His blessings!
I am definitely NOT comfortable with public speaking and I'm a bit worried because I am sure I'll have to do it again sometime or another but at least I can learn something from my knee-shaking experience and hopefully look on it more as a blessing and privilege rather than a terrfying experience. I guess it's just another thing I need to learn in this BIG GIGANTIC classroom of a world.
By the way, if anybody else also struggles with speakingin public- you are so NOT alone and I really admire you for actually doing it and that's the kind of feedback I got so be encouraged and have that God-confidence instead of self-confidence (yes, that was out of my dad's message as well.) *grin*