I didn't mean it... but I caught your attention didn't I? Yes, on Thursday, there was an incident in my school leading to all the staff and students evacuating the building and the sirens from fire engines to deafen all near by. To the most of my knowledge, a fuse was burnt and something or rather. Anyway, we were given the rest of the day off as well as Friday in order for them to fix the problem and check the saftey issues.
I went up yesterday with a classmate (for her 18th birthday) to see the Pahntom of the Opera- interesting. That's not really what I wanted to say though since if I continue like this, you're likely to start yawning and leaving.
As you know, I've been reading Psalms. Interestingly enough, a recently close friend of mine told me of the struggles in the area of spiritual discipline and somehow, she got the idea that I was quite consistent in this area. Ashame as I am, I had to tell her that this was not the case at all and I struggle greatly with this issue. After some very long and challenging emails, I decided that we would become accountability partners and that, even though we do not see each other, we'd do Bible study over emails. Of course, I suggested we both start from Psalms 1 because I was trying to read through this book myself. I don't know if you do the same thing, but I keep a journal (and NO, it is not something that only girls do!) where I write down my thoughts and the things I have learnt or the things that God seems to be telling me. Reading through chapter one again was really interesting because even though I had only read it a few weeks ago, there is still SO much from those first 6 verses that I had missed.
It feels like I am forced (and in a good way) to really meditate on every word so that I can relate it to this friend of mine and hopefully she will do the same thing on her side and together we will not only become closer friends but also sisters in Christ who will grow deeper in Him. There is SO much I could share now about those 6 short but powerful verses but it seems I have taken up more space already than I intended. Not only is the image of the tree planted by streams a beautiful picture but think of what it is representing and, if you know what I am like, a person without much patience, it really means a lot to me personally when it speaks of the fact that it "brings of fruit" but not only that but it does so "in its season". Fruits do not appear suddenly as if by magic although the process is 'magical', it takes time. I cannot begin to count the number of times I've wished I could suddenly wake up one morning and be the most patient person in the world with the temper of bunny rabbit. That would be wierd...imagine waking up one morning and find yourself perfect in every way...I don't know if that's wierd or just scary although mostly scary because then there would be no need for Jesus.
Anywhoo, I'm sure everyone is always busy with places to go and people to see so I will let you go as along as you remember to still take time out to "FIRST behold His beauty". Never get too bsuy for God. I still like that quote I read, "When you feel like praying, PRAY, because it would be such a shame to miss that opportunity. When you DON'T feel like praying, PRAY because it is dangerous to be in such a state." Keep you eyes on Jesus, Look FULL in His WONDERFUL face... and then the things of this world will grow strangely dim. May you all have a truly God-inspired, God-blessed, God-conscious and God-controlled day.
In Him who has given us every spiritual blessing for His sake and for His glory- (me)