Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Frustrated

Well, today was the day I was SUPPOSED to enroll into Kings College London. Some of you might know me to be the kind of person that likes things done in advance and done right the FIRST time. In short, today did NOT follow this plan.

I took the train to London Bridge switching to the underground to get to Westminster and then switching lines again to finally reach Temple station about just little over an hour in total. Looking at my watch and realising I was ALMOST late (which doesn't happen very often) I practially ran all the way into the college and was pointed into the waiting room. Wow! I actually made it on time. After a short period of waiting and was shown my queue and then the desk at which I was to enroll. After realising that I needed my passport to proceed and not having it handy I was out of the college in less than 30 minutes WITHOUT having enrolled. In short, I now have to wait a couple more days to enroll and I have to pay an extra £10 for being "LATE". I can tell you, I was NOT a happy camper.

I tried to calm myself down by buying myself a nice hot cup of caramel machiatto in Starbucks on my journey back but to be perfectly honest I am just plain annoyed! I imagine the registration staff, or whoever those people were, must also be pretty upset since I'm probably creating more work for them as well.

Argh! I'm jsut glad I can type my frustrations out into this blog thingy- it's almost theraputic! It's not the end of the world (thank goodness) but it's not the best start to University life, if you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks very very much for your ongoing encouragements and prayers. They are definitely a great source of encouragement and is probably the reason I'm still here.

Okay, I think I've calmed down now. Thanks for listening...I mean reading...whatever. =0) You guys are the best! I hope you will have a much much much MORE pleasant day!