Well, today is Thursday and nears the end of my first week as a University student. For all those curious people out there who have been so wonderfully concerned for me, I would like to firstly (as usual) thank you for your faithful "anxiety" for me and secondly to appease your curiousity as well as calm your nerves by telling you it went well.
Of course, I'm not surprised that this alone does not quench one's thirst for further information so I will try to enlighten you with "juicy" details. I started this week with the shock that I do not have any free days although I am thankful that throughout the country all University students have Wednesday afternoons off. This, sounding quite pleasant, however, means that I have a solid 4 hour lecture from 9am-1pm on that day and unfortunately, the seats of the room we occupy that day are not entirely comfortable.
Do not fret, my dear friends and family, that is only one day of the week. This first week, was also quite easy going since it is mostly a recap of things we have already learnt from A-level with slightly more depth jsut to make it interesting and also stop us from nodding to sleep half way. To be perfectly honest, as I wish to be with you, I found at least 2 of my lecturers to be unbearably boring but thnakfully, I have so far managed to stay awake and listen to all they have had to say. Next week, on top of my regular lectures, I will start having tutorials which are more of an informal session to be able to work on practical problems in mathematics. On top of this, I will still have the extra course that runs for the first 2 weeks that is supposed to aid us ease into this new University life.
I am also hoping to attend an extra course called AKC (Associate of Kings College) which sounds interesting since it brings up religious views as well as the history of the University that I am attending. Plus, if I complete the course of one year and pass the 2 hour exam at the end of it, I will be able to put the letters AKC after my name. This of course, does not really concern me since most people have no idea what that even is but still, it sounds temptingly interesting. (I am, afterall, a curious girl by nature even though I may be probably the most impatient one so please pray that IF I do take up this course, I will not tire of it or give it up too easily).
This has probably been one of my longest blogs but there has been a lot to tell and even today I was blessed by being able to meet up with a previous teacher from the Doulos (Claudine Carolus from Cape Town, South Africa) and manage to spend some time with her in pretty London. I am truly blessed to be in that location where my University is since I am very VERY close to all the good places: Charing Cross, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Trafalgar....etc. It is certainly nice during my longer breaks to be able to walk around London and admire it's diversities, beauties and marvel also at some of the very very strange people that inhibit it. I have long learned to be a people watcher although I try to do it as discreetly as possible and of course, not very frequently and not of people that I already know so you don't have to worry about it. =0) If you're already in my group of friends, I don't really see a way out for you since I myself declare that I too am a strange person. Praise the Lord! heehee
Oh dear! I have yet rambled on and since there is no one to stop me in this whole blogging thing, you must just stop yourself from continuing to read once your eyes have grown weary. I have just now noticed that my English has gotten somewhat "wierd" and if you have also noticed this, pelase forgive me since I have just finished reading a very Olden-day-English type of book with some strange King-Jamesy kind of wording. I hope you can make out what it is that I am talking about but I assume you will since you somehow manage to keep reading till this point. If you have made it this far, I truly commend you and bless you for being so patient with me. I do hope that I will someday be as patient as you for doing so.
Take care then, all my faithful, wonderful, generous in love, friends. There is no limit to the blessings I have recieved from the Lord through all of you and I am constantly touched by your generous nature and faithfulness in prayer. What a joy to be amongst Christian fellowship and close family. I do sincerely love you all to bits. Because of Christ...
PS- It seems that after the "so called tragedy" of not getting into Imperial, I have found that your emails and becoming more infrequent and although I am sure your thoughts and prayers are still with me, I do sincerely hope to hear more from you, about you and what you yourself have been up to- especially since I feel I have given you a book of my whole life with this blog thingy.