Saturday, October 07, 2006

Seaweed Soup

Well now, some of you MIGHT have noticed my new link to 'My O.C.F. group'. I just started (2 weeks) to attend the O.C.F. (Overseas Christian Fellowsip) meetings which has now placed me in a little group who, for some reason or another that I have not yet found out, call themselves the 'Seaweed Soup Group'. The reason I have placed the link there even though you may not be part of this particular group is because I have found out that it has some WONDERFUL links to a good range of Christian resources. For example, there is a link to a website where you can listen or watch messages online. Even while I type this, I'm listening to A.W. Tozer online! It's quite fantastic. Praise God for such technology!

There are other links which i have not yet discovered but I do hope you will also be able to eventually take advantage of it and possible also in the not too distant future, see what I have been up to in that particular gathering. I feel that although I have only been introduced to the group just last night, that I already feel settled among friends.

So far, the last 2 weeks which were my first 2 weeks of University life, have been great. I do not claim that the lessons have been easy or extremely fun because they were not the case but rather they have been challenging and tiring in such a way that has been excitingly new to me. I think what I am trying to say is that I am simply enjoying the NEW experience. However, I now feel like I really appreciate weekends. Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement that have found me to the right rooms at the right time for each lecture. I praise the Lord also for the promptness in sending me a group of friends in my particular course to whom I can ask for help and give help when needed. Please pray for wisdom that I will be able to somehow share the Love of Christ with them in this first year.

As usual, there is ALWAYS SO much to be said. So many things happen every single day that if I were to attempt to convey all my feelings of gratitude, weariness, excitement and every other possible feeling, would take a lifetime, which I am sure you would not be willing to spend simply READING this blog. =0) Thank you for taking these few moments to do so though. I am always pleasantly surprised by the number of people that DO read it and somehow go the extra mile to tell me so and remind me yet again of God's faithfulness.

In recent months and posisbly the whole last year or two, I have finally figured out my life SONG:
'GREAT is thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not;
As thou hast been thou forever wilt be;
Great is thy faithfulness, GREAT is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand have provided,
GREAT is they faithfulness Lord unto me.'
Funny, I never thought a hmyn would turn out to be the song of my life but I am glad it is. I wish I could explain in more detail but as I have mentioned above, it's not very easy to do so although I'd be more than willing to try another time.
I hope that you too will experience God's faithfulness in your life as you continue to remain faithful to Him.
'Summer and winted, and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
to thy GREAT FAITHFULNESS, MERCY and LOVE.'