Tuesday, May 29, 2007

You cannot begin to know how excited I am about going home to Singapore this coming trip. It will be the longest time I've been back for a long time since most of our trips back last for a maximum of 2 weeks. Although, it must be said that some of that time will be spent in Indonesia and Malaysia due to a church camp that my dad is speaking at.

In fact, this is my mum's former church that's being held in Indonesia so I'm quite excited to be involved though minimally, in something like this. I mean, this is where my mum grew up spiritually and was baptised! How could I not be excited?

Of course, as I am sure I have mentioned more times than you care to hear, I'll be meeting up with one of oldest and dearest friends- Shulin. It'll be the first time in a long time that I'm back for her birthday so I've booked her for a dinner time slot on her birthday itself- the 12th of June. I can't believe that I managed to get her for this so that will definitely be one of my highlights for being back there. We've already planned to eat Japanese food if you can imagine that?!

Anyway, it's quite cold over here in the UK again though Summer is supposed to be around the corner. In this country, I carry an umbrella with me everywhere I go, I'm sure those of you here probably do the same. =0)

I've been realyl excited to have gotten now into the middle of Numbers (as in the book of the Bible) since starting too long ago from Genesis. Although all the laws and stuff have been a little dull to read at times, I find it fascinating how it all comes together and how every detail is so precise. Doesn't this tell you just how awesome our God is? Not to mention, how very stupid us human beings can be. hahaha...*sigh*

Oh dear, I've got way too much time on my hands. You should see what I've been up to, I've got my planner/diary thing sorted for the whole of the next school year! I've sent all my birthday ecards and stuff for next month, wrote a heap of letters, downloaded a whole heap of extra worship songs into my laptop.... still got a week or two so who knows what I'll accomplish after that? I'll let you know.

What an awesome God we serve!