Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In Singapore...just

Well, you must forgive me for this much delayed post but as you will have gathered from my last post, I was SO exciting about going to and now being in Singapore that I got carried away with the whole thing. So, here is a short-ish update on what's been keeping me away from updating you.

Besides, of course, spending time with one of my closests and bestest friends in the world and being able to celebrate her birthday with her, I just came back from 3-4 days with my family at a Church camp in Batam, Indonesia. The camp went really well and we all really praise the Lord for the wonderful things He is doing in people's lives. My mum and I in particular spent our time with the children.

The first day, I think we gave them a little too much freedom and the kids went totally wild. The second day, we had learned from previous experience and were prepared. Anyway, to cut a long-ish story short, we got them to memorise some verses and went through some Bible chapters. They also had to practise the camp's theme song with sign language to perform for the "Curtain's Up" night, which went so well that they did it twice! They are SO cute! It was especially fun, I must admit, to be able to teach them some new games that they hadn't played before and be able to to play with them. I could go on and on about all the little things that happened that just made that long weekend so special but I hope the little that I have mentioned will have already given some idea of how well it went.

Tonight I'm meeting with with my close friend again along with another guy that was my group leader in the Overseas Christian Fellowship back in London. They both come from the same church so I thought it's be nice to see them both together... it promises to be an interesting evening. =0)

So, in the coming days/weeks, we'll be heading to Malaysia and Philippines. I hope you will already have recieved our flash news emails that mentioned that my dad's eye surgery went well (cataracts in both eyes) and despite the lack of rest because of the camp and all sorts of things, has made a good recovery. Please, however, continue to pray as we continue to travel that his sight will continue to improve. At the moment, he can see perfectly well through one eye without the use of any contacts of glasses and the other eye's degree is decreasing back to a more normal level so we are thankful to the Lord for that. Please also continue to pray with us for the finance of cost of the surgery since, as you might have or might not have heard, turned out to be phenomenally more than we had anticipated.

Ok, I said this was going to be short-ish and I'd like to think that I kept that "promise" but if you think elsewise, please feel free to send me a complaint- either way, I'd love to hear from you. I will try to give another update soon as more things are happening here in this part of the world. As always, thanks again all for your prayers and for keeping in touch.

For His Purposes...