Dearest Faithfully Praying Friend,
Just wanted to give you a quick update since many people have been confused as to where in the world I am currently. Nope, I am not yet in Australia as many have assumed. In fact, my travels to Australia have been postponed due to a delay in getting my visa. I have currently rescheduled my flight to fly out of Singapore (yes, this is where I am now) on 1 March 2011 arriving in Melbourne the day after. I am praying, and I humbly ask that you pray with me, that my visa will come through before then.
On one hand, I'll admit that I'm a little annoyed, frustrated and disappointed that I won't be there as planned since the rush of the last couple of weeks and possibly months, have led up to this point and to a certain extent, I'm just ready to get going. On the other hand, I should also be thankful to the Lord for the opportunity of time to catch up with more people in Singapore who I would have otherwise missed on such a short trip. In the few days that I've been back here, I have been so blessed already by the friends and family that God has given to me. More than this, staying an extra two and a little bit weeks in Singapore means that I'll be able to see my parents again before I leave as they arrive in Singapore on 23 February. This is a totally unplanned surprise blessing for which I am very grateful to the Lord.
Yes, I have hit a speed bump but it is nothing more than a blessing in disguise. So, if you happen to be in Singapore in the next two weeks-ish, feel free to give me a call because I'd love to catch up.
All things work for good to those who love God (Romans 8:28).
Debbie
PS- Please also continue to pray for my mum who is STILL waiting for a letter so that she can do the surgery required to remove the piles. Thank you!