All these years that I have been alive (over 24 years now if you must know), I have seen God provide for my family. Born into a world where my parents work as volunteers, some people have scratched their heads at how we have not only been able to travel the world but that my parents were also able to send me to a top university in London! Yup! It amazes even me and yet, after all that I have witnessed through my parents, it is still sometimes a huge challenge to trust the Lord myself.
Since moving to Australia, it has been strangely wonderful to have to trust the Lord for finances. I have learnt that I took it hugely for granted that my parents have had to do this for so much longer than I can remember. Well, the only reason that I bring this up is because I wanted to share a little testimony with you along this subject.
You may have heard that I recently had to move house and I was a little bit concerned about having to spend a lot more for rent. I could've stayed with friends for the next couple of months but I had a strong desire for a sort of independence since my time left here in Melbourne seems to require a bit more flexibility. In any case, I had sent out an email to friends and family to ask for prayer and was so surprised to get one particular email (as there were more) saying that this person had felt God prompting them to give more. However, at that time, no one had come to mind and that this inkling was ignored until the next moment when they had opened my email and known that God was prompting them to give. Well, I had not mentioned any particular amount but after they had told me the sum of money that they would send, I found a place to stay and furthermore discovered that this one gift would just about cover the cost exactly!
Of course, this is only one story of many as God has shown me much generosity but as I look to the not too distant future and see some major changes that will be requiring finances, it was just an incredible reminder that God is Jehovah Jireh and that if I continue to walk where He leads, He will not ever short-change me... even financially! Looking back, I think that it is an incredible testimony to my parents as well that I have NEVER felt that I was in want. Of course, there are definitely things that I can't afford which I sometimes want but even then, I have never felt poor.
I guess that as we seek first His kingdom, we will discover that our inheritance there is great (Matthew 6:33). Certainly God has made me richer than I'll ever need to be and I hope that you will also experience His grace which is more than sufficient. Praise the Lord!