Sunday, June 10, 2012

Even More Amazing

My dad preached twice today.

Before we left for church this morning, we sat down as a family and prayed. We prayed for the temporary healing that my dad seemed to experience in previous times, we prayed for relief from the headache he currently had, we prayed for the muscles in his throat and tongue to work again and we prayed that God would do a miracle. 

When my dad got up to preach, however, I think my mum and I had our hearts sink a little bit but then I think we also both realised that we didn't realise God would do something even more amazing than all the above.

He didn't heal my dad of his illness, He didn't perfect my dad's speech but what He did do,was glorify Himself through the illness. With speech slurred, God was still at work! God doesn't need a mouth, He needs a willing heart. In fact, people might have even taken more pains to listen and hear what God was trying to say! For all that God did today, we are truly grateful.

Thank you to all those who prayed with us and even if God's answer was not what we had intended or thought, it was much much better. Like I said, let's pray for a miracle, as if God would do anything less. :)