Well, it's now 6:55am in Singapore on Tuesday the 23rd of August 2005. Yesterday morning I somehow managed to get on the flight back from Albany to Perth.
It was a gorgeous day and a great time to spend with the family we were staying with in Perth. Unfortunately, time, as always, is limited and later yesterday evening, we flew here. In a couple of hours, we will be on a plane again to Manila, Philippines.
I did not manage to sleep last night, the 5 hours on the plane just a couple of minutes ago were spent in sleepless silence. I just looked in the mirror only to find this zombie with dead red eyes staring back an me. Be relieved that you're not here with me right now because you can believe me when I say it's not one of my best moments in life.
Of course, now is the time that I should count my blessings and all the things that I can be thankful for and it is just amazing the number of things that pop into mind. I am, in a way, annoyed that I can't stay in my miserable, tired state. Isn't God amazing?
Things I can be thankful for at this moment:
- We've arrived in Singapore for now safely and soundly.
-We're in an air-conditioned rooms surrounded with food and comfortable service instead of outside being hot and sweaty.
-for the overwhelming amount of close friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, who have been such an amazing blessing this last week... to mention a few from my side: the Hodges (Michelle, it was amazin' and Alethea, WOW, what can I say, I can't thank you guys enough) and of course, Aunty Tam, uncle Chan and obviously Ian and Sean who has fed us, provided what I can only call the softest pillow for my head and a comfortable haven to rest. Thank you guys SO much; even though I didn't get to spend as much time with you, the time that was spent with you guys was a tremendous blessing and honour.
-Of course there are so many other things that I can be thankful for but for now, I just want to mention one more thing. Praise the Lord that we can be sure of our bright future. By that, at this point of time, that means a soft, warm, comfy bed at the end of today's travels and hopefully either a really relaxing long soak in a bath or a warm soothing shower. Either way, I will be happy.
Thank you guys again for praying for us. I want to say please pray for me because I just feel so extremely tired but if you will pray for us at all, please pray especially for my dad because he's going through the same thing only worse as he actually needs to be speaking and stuff and I'm mostly just tagging along and bearing only a part of the strain.
Well, I'll try and take a moment now to pray for some of you that we've jsut left behind and the many more of you that we will soon meet up with and of course, my beloved friends and family who I sadly, may not be able to cross paths with this year. There is always the hope of next year- I'm praying about that already.
Before my brain shuts down totally. Again, as always... THANK YOU! Sweet dreams.