I've just been sitting here, thinking about various things and unfortunately, I was writing an email at the same time so all these thoughts just flowed out into the email and it ended up being very long...(I'm sorry if I've ever done that to you... I know that it can be a pain if you'r busy and then someone sends you a long email that may hold deep thoughts). Well, it's better for me to put it on the blog because people can choose to read it if they wish.
I was just thinking about how the world is in such a sad state. Not only do I think that but just about everytime the news is switched on, on the TV, someone sighs deeply and says something like "what is the world coming to"- recognise that? It is so much more heart-wrenching when you know of specific people, close friends, who are going through more personal problems with just about the same magnitude of the atrocities that we see or here from the media.
At the same time, as our hearts go out to these people, we know that God is bigger than all this... that somehow, He is still in control and He has a plan and that EVERYTHING, in the end, works for good. In the end, it feels like there is nothing else to do but pray. Why must prayer be a last resort? Shouldn't it be the first?
Of course, there are also SO many wonderful things that God is doing out there. Ignorance can sometimes deprive us of certain joy...can it not or do I not make sense?
Just recently, I received an email from a close friend telling me that her friend, who recently came to know the Lord and been doing Bible studys with my friend's mum, has really absorbed what she learnt from those lessons and has been using things that she has learnt and memorised to encourage others. I know, we always hear of similar stories, especially people who have been in the mission field or whatever for a while, but isn't it ALWAYS exciting to hear of God's work in individual's lives? Aren't the little things still significant? Like I've heard my dad say: "Why is it always easier to focus on the problems then the potentials in people?" Or, more generally, on the bad than the good? We know that God is bigger than all the problems of the world put together so why is it that we continue to worry anyway? Don't get me wrong..I'm very much a worrier myself but I'm curious of why do I worry? I know I don't need to but yet, here I am... unwilling to put ALL my trust in the one who has always been and will forever be...FAITHFUL! Strange, isn't it? It's kinda like we've been blinded by our own flesh.
Well, I'd love to go on 'pondering' about other things...and I usually would but time has restrained me...probably to your relief. So, until my next thinking too much session, take care. By the way, I would still LOVE to hear from any of you...and I promise I will not bombard you with a load of my thoughts. Blessings.