Well, it's Monday and my dad is off again. Thankfully, He's only gone for about 3 days and will be back by Thursday. It's always a bit wierd not having him around.
I was actually watching little TV yesterday morning...yes, it was Sunday. To clarify that I wasn't backsliding... it was BEFORE we went to church... not while church was going on.
Anyway, it was a show called "The Heaven and Earth Show" and they were discussing the decline of the church in Britain. There were some very sad statistics on there that perhaps I would just like to share and hope that you would pray with us.
I don't know if you have heard but throughout Europe, the church is declining by 1% every year whereas Islam is on the increase by 5% each year. Statistics say that 220 churches close down in the UK each year and some say that by 2040, the church could be completely gone or down to 2%...meaning that 98% of the church now, would be gone.
Of course, I highly doubt that the church would be wiped out altogether here and I personally think they went a little overboard with some of those statistics but the bottomline is that the church is decaying rather rapidly and it's sad to see what is happening to a once "Christian nation".
On the show, they were discussing several reasons for this and just to mention a few, which I am sure you would have already been aware of were: broken families, human rights and humanism, Secularism and perhaps even plain ignorance. I would love to tell you more about what they were saying but I'm sure you get the idea. Please just pray with us for this country...for the individuals in it. I can't remember exactly what was said but someone recently mentioned that Europe is now a major missions field and we need more labourers than ever.
"Whether you Pray, Give or Go... you need to do SOMETHING!"