Saturday, October 29, 2005

3 letters

Where should I start? Since my last blog, a lot has seemed to happen and because this "letter" is directed to anyone in particular, it is always quite hard to know what to say.

I have had 3 letters from 3 different universities since I last wrote. The first one was from the University of Surrey, who has requested for me to visit them with my parents and to go through an interview on the 2nd of November. Seeing that that time is not too far away, I'm a little bit anxious but at the same time, terribly excited.

The second letter was from Imperial, which is my first choice. The just wrote to say that they acknowledge the fact that I have applied but won't get back to me for a while as they are still looking at very many applications. The positions there are quite competitive and I'm a little bit worried that I won't get accepted. Perhaps you can be praying for that.

Lastly, I got a letter from the University of Bath, who has rejected my application on account, according to them, that they have too many students applying for the same position and they have had to reject a number of applicants already.

As you can see, in those 3 letters, I have gone through a number of emotions- excitement, anxiety, helplessness and a little dash of disappointment as well. I'm not too upset about being rejected from Bath because it was not my first choice anyway but it does make me feel a little bit worried whether I'll get an offer from Imperial. Even IF I get the offer, I would still need to get the grades to match that offer so I am feeling a little bit of the pressure but I'm glad that I already know about all of this now rather than later.

Other than that, my dad comes back on Tuesday, the interview in Surrey is on Wednesday and...well, someone's birthday is on Thursday but it's supposed to be a surprise. In other words, next week is going to be busy, exciting, fun and it's going to whip by like *snap* that! I will always remember this one Bible Study that we did some time ago about God having emotions. It was very interesting and yet also very wonderful to have that kind of connection with God. Does that make sense? He feels like we feel. He's a jealous God, he knows joy and laughter as well as pain. I guess it would be kinda hard to have a strong relationship with someone who has no emotion what so ever. Just a thought.

Well, I've actually got a ton of stuff to do. We're having a Christmas Party on the 10th of Dec (you're more than welcome to come if you're available and near by- just let me know and I'll get you the details). I need to print invitations and stuff and then... we're also trying to do one more family newsletter for Christmas before the year is out. Okay then... as Tigger from Pooh Bear always says, "TTFN, Ta ta for now!"