Well, it's the last day of school before half term and I am terribly happy it is so. This morning I have Business, Further Maths, Physics and then I'm completely free... for the week, that is.
This week has been hanging on by a thread but I guess the thread was silk or somethng because it really did hang on there. It started out very much as a drag but so many GOOD things happened. I found the CU (Christian Union), although it is in the boys school and not in our own school, I was invited to go and see the new Pride and Prejudice Movie, I had a GREAT, much needed phone conversation with a distant and desperately missed friend and of course, it IS the last week of school before half term. Ok...ok.. you probably want to know a little about the CU, well, I certainly would. I kept looking for it in school because there was a sign saying that it was held every Friday in Room something or rather (some tiny room) but I could never find it.
On Wednesday, one of my classmates, who turns out to be a Christian, invited me to join the CU because she just found it the week before and she knew that I was a Christian so I went along. To be perfectly honest, I guess I expected a lot more but because they only have 20 minutes to spend together every week it really is hard to "organise" anything and to really get to know each other. It was a little saddening to hear some of the thoughts that ran through the room as well. The question that we were suppose to ponder on was "What makes YOU and Christian?" For the first 10 minutes or so, people said things like "We follow the rules in the Bible", "We're nice to everybody", "We go to church" and "We will go the heaven when we die". Where is the mention of Jesus? of God? Of a relationship...belief, faith? Well, my friend and I, of course, HAD to say something before it just stopped there so we did. The good news is that we said it out in the open, the bad news is, I don't think any of it really sank in. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those people aren't Christians or anything, there were also quite a few people that understood what we were saying and endorsed it but for the people who didn't quite get it, PLEASE pray for them and their growth in Christ.
I guess after listening to all my dad's sermons about growth as a natural outcome of living, looking at people who don't grow, you kinda feel sorry for them, as if they had crippled themselves. The main concern, however, is not how to MAKE THEM grow, because that ultimately is between themselves and God even though we should help guide them towards Him, but how I can prevent myself from stunting my own growth. Am I growing? Do I bear the fruits that I should be bearing if I am truly growing in Christ? I guess it was like a reality check for me... you know?
Well, that's enough for today. It's already 8:30 and it's still dark outside. In short, I feel like it's still night time and I kinda want to go back to sleep. Praise the Lord it's the last day.