Well, my dad came back the night before last and yesterday morning we were all in our almost turquoise-green vauxhall driving down to the University of Surrey for my interview and also to just check the place out.
When we got there, I did not really have the instructions as to what room to go to or where it was so it was interesting when we finally made our way to the registration room and so on. In the end, we had quite a good day leaving with much more knowledge of what to expect from the unversity.
I cannot honestly tell you whether the actual interview went well or not because this was my first one but from my view of things, it did not go too bad. My interviewer asked a bit about the Doulos, as I mentioned it briefly in my personal statement and then I just had to answer a couple of simple questions and what not. As I said, it didn't hurt and I quite enjoyed myself as a whole. The only downside I can think of was this REALLY boring lecture this one guy gave us as a "free sample" of what to expect the lessons to be like if we went there. I think that they should have found a more energetic and enthusiastic guy to advertise their university because I could hear several people behind me whispering that they were going to change their minds.
We got lost on the way back but thankfully, we managed to get something into our mouths before we starved. It's good to have my dad back; I know that I can honestly say on behalf of my mum and I that we have missed him alot! We all also look forward to being able to eat good food again.
Just a couple of thank yous to certain people who have yet again written me emails and what nots. You know who you are and I've already, hopefully, replied to your emails to express my thanks but I just wanted to stress again just how much your keeping in touch means to me. I mean, just taking one or two minutes to type even one word of greetings can remind me that you're there. I will definitely continue to hold you all in my prayers and I am eternally grateful for all your prayers that have moved my own life.
I've got a math class in a couple of minutes so I'm going to log off now and try to get my mind back into working math mode. Blessings- as always.