Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Happy Days are Here Again

I cannot begin to list the many blessings that have rained down the past few days but I just want to mention a few.

Firstly, I am just OVER THE MOON about having a long conversation on the phone to Mrs Lu Tiffany. You may not know her but she was my teacher on board the Doulos and is still my favourite ever! It's actually been 10 years since we've seen one another but PRAISE THE LORD that we've managed to keep in contact and finally got her on the phone for the first time since she got married. What a joy and tremendous blessing it was to hear her voice and be encouraged by her and be and encouragement to her at the same time. That has certainly been a highlight for the recent days.

Secondly, I have been accepted by my first choice University. Imperial College London has given me an offer of AAB, which means that I now need to get an A in Maths and Further Maths and a B in Physics. I have NO idea if I'll even manage that so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do pray for me as I study to achieve those grades. I am extremely thankful as well for the many many people who has written me lately to encourage me further in my studies and especially those who have been so faithfully praying for me. Thank you.

Thirdly, CHRISTMAS IS COMING! That pretty much covers itself. As most of you might know, I LOVE Christmas time and if I could celebrate is as much all year 'round, I would. This year, my family is yet again overseeing the Christmas party for our Southeast London Fellowship but EVERYONE is invited (as long as you RSVP ASAP to my mum at: beelee.gan@gmail.com). Of course, you'd have to be in London during that time as it will be held near us on the 10th of December. If you want more information, please do let us know. If you do somehow come without warning...at LEAST bring a small gift for our gift exchange.

I think those are the main 3 highlights from over the last 3 days or so but of course, if I had all day, I could list SO many more. God has never ceased to bless us and we can never stop being grateful although, there are so many times where we take so many things for granted.

Just a couple of short prayer requests to conclude because I would really hate to break this "mood" of thankfulness and happiness, etc. As I mentiobned somewhere above, please do continue to pray for my studies- they are not over yet. Pray for my parents who are also making some decisions about their future- whether to go back to Singapore, go to the ships, whatever. More generally, please pray not only for my family... but for our team here in London and even more generally, for OM's work world wide and of course, outside OM. I am sure you already pray for numerous countries and peoples and people groups but as I sat briefly in prayer night last night... it occured to me how many times I have sat down and prayed for what is such a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the countless needs of peoples around the globe. (just to give you a few ideas: The riots in Pakistan and France, the victims who are still in Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka where the Doulos will be helping this December. The millions of children, widows, homeless, lonely people. Don't forget the many Christians who are still being persecuted in so many places. Churches are being burnt down... You see, there are SO many things to cry out to God for and yet we only spend a couple of minutes in prayer wondering how some people can pray for hours.) If you haven't read the book "Kneeling We Triumph" or the sequel, I would be MORE than happy to send you a copy to read. It's heavy reading but definitely worth it.

Thank you for all your prayers and I certainly hope to find you still praying.