Thursday, December 15, 2005

Just Around the Corner

Have you guys seen "You've got mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Well, this has nothing to do with that. *grin*

Tomorrow is the much awaited last day of school and Praise the Lord it is also a half day, which means I finish at 11:20am, which means I only have 2 double lessons! Whew! Most of you might have heard by now that we are off for Christmas to a variety of places. Portugal being our first stop is definitely sounding good right about now, especially since the temperature there is warmer. Our other destinations are Spain, Morocco and Gibraltar. I think ew'll only spend a day or two in these other places but it does sound promising. My mum's eldest sister and one of our family friends will also be joining us for this little trip so it should be that much more fun.

Today, I finally got my gold certificate for our Math Challenge that runs throughout the UK. Would you believe it? I got the top score for our whole school! I was definitely concentrating to get the gold but I think that second award was definitely a very pleasant surprise and I am very proud of it....although if you can help it, I would rather not recieve any more congratulations because it does make me feel kinda bad about it as well. =0)

This new year of 2006 already has so many promises in it and I am thankful to the Lord that he has already gone ahead of us. At the same time, this new year is also starting to look a bit crowded and I know that it will be one of the busiest years of my life. As you know, these will be my final exams and they will confirm my place in the University so special prayers for this would be very much appreciated. Also next year, we've already got a number of missions trip lined up, which I am very excited about but again, these things always take time and money.

So. As this year now comes to a close and a new dawn approaches on the horizon, from all of us, we would jsut like to wish you ALL, our dearest and most faithful friends, family and prayer-partners, a very very blessed Christmas and a totally awesome New Year. Thank you again for standing with us in prayer, and keeping in touch, over this last year and I hope that we will all move forward together with a renewed and strengthened focus on Christ.